Followers

Thursday 30 September 2010

Commissioned 80th Birthday Card

I had request the other day to make an 80th Birthday card from one of the mom's from school to give to her dad.  This is what I came up with as it had to have a horse-racing theme.


The card itself measures 7 1/2" square and I have made it into an easel card.


I have decoupaged the picture after trawling the internet for a suitable image using 4 copies of the image (this includes the base picture)


The words and numbers have been cut on my Cricut machine using the Plantain Schoolbook cartridge.


Due to the size of the card i needed 2 sheets of A3 cream card, 3 sheets of muted gold card and 2 sheets of 12 x 12 card which made the box.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and for leaving any comments.

Happy Crafting

Lizzie

6 comments:

Lizzy said...

Fantastic card Lizzie, luv the cream/gold combo xx Lizzy xx :)

Anonymous said...

Superb card Lizzie - I love the effect of the decoupaged horses. One of the fantastic things about making our own cards is being able to make them so personal for each person isn't it? I'm sure this will be very much appreciated!

coops said...

brilliant card.i love how you have decoupaged the image :)

xx coops xx

Christina said...

That's a wonderfull card Lizzie! Looks great with these horses!
Hugs Kristel

Lee said...

I love this card so clean n crisp looking.Those jockeys n horses look as if they are going to jump out at ya any minute soooo real lol.xxx

Janice said...

Thanks Liz for making such a lovely card for my dad's 80th birthday. We all loved it, but especially my dad. xxx